VLAŠSKÝ DVŮR – KUTNÁ HORA

Negarantovaná informace
Address:Havlíčkovo náměstí 522, 284 01 Kutná Hora-Vnitřní Město
Telephone:+420 327 512 873
Email:vlasskydvur@pskh.cz
WWW:http://www.pruvodcikutnahora.cz/vlassky-dvur
GPS:49°56'54,248"N, 15°16'7,870"E
Click for detail
Zobrazení na mapě

For centuries Vlašský Dvůr (in English "Italian Court") was the center of the state's economic power. There was a royal mint and the seat of the sovereign during his stays in the town of Kutná Hora.
According to historical documents, Italian Court was established at the end of the 13th century in corresponding to the development of the town of Kutná Hora. The function of Italian Court as a town fortress is the result of the need for the secure depositing of mined silver ore. The transformation of the fortress into a mint had taken place by the end of the 1330's, along with the construction of both public and private premises. The name Vlašský Dvůr appears for the first time in the historical references of 1401.

This period witnessed another result of construction activities: the erection of the royal palace and its chapel. This palace is thought to be related to the then growing interest of Wenceslas IV in the town of Kutná Hora. The king did not come to Kutná Hora during the first 20 years of his reign, but around 1400 he began to visit the town regularly, even for long periods of time. Important meetings among statesmen took place here (the meeting of Wenceslas IV. and his brother Sigismund during the Christmas of 1401, the signing of the Decree of Kutná Hora in 1409, etc.).

The mint was abolished in 1727, followed by the office of the highest mint master in 1783. Following the fire of 1770, this building served as the Town Hall, and during the Napoleonic wars as a military hospital. In 1819 there were plans to transform the mint into a criminal court and prison. Since 1881, part of the building has served as an elementary school. In the same year, the town council announced a competition for the reconstruction of Vlašský Dvůr. The current appearance of the mint is the result of the transformations that took place between 1893 and 1897. The construction engineer was a man named Ludwig Labler, who took part in the reconstruction of St. Barbara's cathedral as well as other historical building in Kutná Hora.